Summer Office Hours
The Avanti Office will be closed from June 29th - August 10th. The office will open to the public on August 11th. Office hours will be 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday.
AVANTI EARNS STATE RECOGNITION FOR THE ARTS!
Avanti has been recognized with the "2014 Excellence in Arts Education" award and was the only school selected for the state-wide award by ArtsEd Washington and the Association of Washington State Principals for their arts integration efforts. Congratulations staff, students, and families!
Interested in WA's Learning Standards? Learn More Aug. 4 Noon to 1 p.m.
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and Ready Washington invite you to join a telephone town hall meeting about Washington’s K-12 learning standards and assessments. This is your opportunity to learn more and ask any questions you may have about learning standards and assessments in our state.
Ingersoll Stadium Closed for Turf Replacement
Ingersoll Stadium is closed through late August for installation of new field turf. During the closure there is no public access to Ingersoll, including key card access, due to the work that is ongoing across the entire turf area and staging of the work in the area along the track. The new turf will replace an 11-year-old surface that has exceeded its eight-year life span. Thanks to everyone for their patience as the district undertakes this important safety project!
2015-16 School Calendar Finalized
The 2015-16 school year calendar has been finalized. Here are some of the significant changes:
- A recent survey showed elementary and middle school families preferred early releases to late starts for teacher collaboration time. The new calendar honors that request by ending late starts and moving to early releases for elementary and middle schools.
- There will be fewer of these early releases than there were late starts this year. This will present fewer disruptions to learning time and provide larger time blocks for teacher collaboration in elementary and middle schools.
- There will be more consistency in that all early releases will be a half day.
- High schools will not have early releases except for Friday, Nov. 13, Friday, Jan. 29 and Friday, June 17 (for grading).
- The spring elementary conference week has been moved to be right before spring break, much like our neighboring districts.
Click the link below to view the 2015-16 calendar.
Avanti Weather Camera