South Sound Senior Services
Come join in on all the activities and enjoy the experience of working with active seniors!
We currently need volunteers in the following positions:
- Kitchen assistants to help prepare and serve meals at our Senior Nutrition Program sites throughout Thurston and Mason Counties. If you do not already have a food-handler’s permit, we will help you to get one! Our greatest needs are currently at our Belfair and Tenino sites. Different Nutrition sites operate on different days of the week; volunteers are needed between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM on serving days. Learn more about Senior Nutrition here - different site schedules are on the right side of the page.
- Dining room help to set up tables and chairs, put out place settings, help diners, and clean up the lunchroom. Our Olympia Senior Center is in particular need during the summer months. Dining room setup begins at 10:00 AM and cleanup lasts until 1:00. If you can handle some lifting and being on your feet for a while, and like volunteering in a social setting, we would be grateful for your help with this important task!
- Stars Companions to help with activities for our Adult Day Program at the Lacey Senior Center. The ideal volunteer would be outgoing, reliable, able to commit to a regular schedule each week. Professional knowledge of our client population is not necessary, but a bit of patience and understanding always helps! Learn more about Stars here - different site schedules are on the right side of the page.
- Special events volunteers to assist with the large number of fundraising, thank-you, and awareness events which Senior Services puts on each year. We can always use help with setup, taking tickets, cleanup, and the like! So, if you like working in groups, are free evenings and weekends, and don't mind a bit of lifting and being on your feet, we'd love to hear from you! See our upcoming events here.
- Administrative Support for our Senior Transportation Program. This position will help answer client inquiries and schedule ride appointments, as well as performing data-entry and filing.
Volunteer applications can be completed online HERE, or you can fill out a hard copy at Senior Services for South Sound, 222 Columbia St, NW, Olympia, WA 98501. Volunteers under age 18 must have our Parental Release and Liability Release forms signed by a parent or guardian before volunteering.
For questions about volunteering with Senior Services, please contact Isaac firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.586.6181 x131.
Questions please contact
Isaac at 586-6181 Ext 103
or send an email at email@example.com.